Below are a list of policy-relevant projects that the CMCR Project has been active in. Please click to get the details of each.
- Winseck, D. Shattered Mirror, Stunted Vision and Squandered Opportunities: A reply to the Public Policy Forum’s The Shattered Mirror: News, Democracy and Trust in the Digital Age (February 9, 2017).
- Klass, B., Winseck, D., Nanni, M. & McKelvey, F. There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch: Historical and international perspectives on why common carriage should be the cornerstone of communications policy in the Internet age. Submitted before the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2016-192, Examination of differential pricing practices related to Internet data plans
(June 28, 2016)
- From the BDU-Model of TV to Radical Unbundling: Common Carriage & Culture Policy for the Internet Age
- Klass, B. & Winseck, D. Why Bell’s Bid to Buy MTS is Bad News: Report Submitted to the Competition Bureau assessing Bell Canada Enterprises’ proposed bid to acquire Manitoba Telecommunications Services (May 26, 2016)
(press release) (executive summary) (full report)
- CRTC’s Review of Basic Telecommunications Services (2015-134)
(July 2015-May 2016)
- The Wireless Project
(November 2013-March 2014)